Wednesday 13 April 2011

Giraffes - Act One, Scene Four.



This isn't going to make much sense unless you start at the beginning - Giraffes - Act One, Scene One.

SCENE FOUR

(Kirsty's house.)

ANNA. Happy now?

KIRSTY. Mm. I am now.

ANNA. Had a good day?

KIRSTY. Not really. I couldn't work. Kept on making cups of tea, reading the paper, playing bits of CDs. I didn't get much actual work done.

ANNA. Oh, I haven't seen the paper yet today. Was there much in it?

KIRSTY. A big thing about prisons. Wasn't worth reading.

(Pause.)

KIRSTY. How was your day?

ANNA. Far too busy.

(Pause.)

ANNA. It wasn't because of me, was it?

KIRSTY. Was what?

ANNA. That you couldn't work?

KIRSTY. Possibly. But I do have days like that anyway.

(Pause.)

KIRSTY. I was thinking about you all day.

ANNA. So was I. Looking at my watch every minute. Like I was at school again.

KIRSTY. That's it. You make me feel so young again.

ANNA. But we are young.

KIRSTY. I know. But I'd forgotten it 'til I met you.

ANNA. Mm.

(Pause.)

ANNA. Let's go to the restaurant again tonight.

KIRSTY. Let's! It was so good last time.

ANNA. And then back here?

KIRSTY. Mm. Of course.


Next -
Giraffes - Act One, Scene Five.

No comments:

Post a Comment