Sunday 3 April 2011

Giraffes - Act One, Scene One.


CAST.

SIMON. Late twenties/ early thirties.

ANNA. Late twenties/ early thirties.

KIRSTY. Late twenties/ early thirties.


THE TIME.

ACT ONE. Late winter, 1990.

ACT TWO. Early spring, 1990.

ACT ONE SCENE ONE

(Anna and Simon's house.)

SIMON. Is it me or is it her?

(Pause.)

SIMON. Be honest.

ANNA. It's her.

SIMON. But its me too?

ANNA. No.

(Pause.)

ANNA. It affects you, but its not because of you.

SIMON. Can I tell you what to do?

ANNA. No.

SIMON. Can I suggest?

ANNA. Of course you can. What do you want me to do?

SIMON. I don't know.

(Pause.)

SIMON. It's all so new to me.

ANNA. A man's worst nightmare.

SIMON. No. Its not that.

(Pause.)

SIMON. I think.

(Pause.)

SIMON. Can I meet her?

ANNA. No. Not yet, anyway.

SIMON. Do I know her?

ANNA. No. Can I meet her?

SIMON. Can I stop you?

ANNA. No. Do you want to stop me?

SIMON. I don't know.

(Pause.)

SIMON. I don't think so.

ANNA. Why don't you think so?

(Pause.)

SIMON. Because its what you want. And what you want is important to me.

ANNA. Thank you.

(She kisses his cheek)


Next -
Giraffes - Act One, Scene Two.

No comments:

Post a Comment