Sunday 8 May 2011

Giraffes - Act One, Scene Eleven.


This isn't going to make much sense unless you start at the beginning - Giraffes - Act One, Scene One.

SCENE ELEVEN.

(Anna and Simon in bed.)

SIMON. Would you like to...

ANNA. Mmm.

(She moves closer to Simon. She moves further away from Simon.)

ANNA. No I wouldn't actually.

(Pause.)

SIMON. Fair enough.

(Pause.)

ANNA. Not anymore. Not for the time being.

(Pause.)

SIMON. Can I ask why?

ANNA. Yes.

SIMON. Why?

(Pause.)

ANNA. It's too difficult.

SIMON. It's very easy.

(Pause.)

ANNA. It's too involved.

SIMON. Not in a demanding way.

(Pause.)

SIMON. You do still enjoy it, don't you?

(Pause.)

ANNA. Yes.

(Pause.)

ANNA. Yes I do.

(Pause.)

SIMON. For how long...?

ANNA. I don't know.

(Pause.)

ANNA. Not forever.

(Pause.)

SIMON. Well that's something.

(Pause.)

SIMON. Is it me or is it her?

(Pause.)

SIMON. Be honest

(Pause.)

ANNA. It's her.

(Pause.)

ANNA. Does that make you feel better?

SIMON. Yes.

ANNA. Why?

SIMON. Because there's nothing I can do about it.

ANNA. Eh?

SIMON. Shh.


Next -
Giraffes - Act One, Scene Twelve.

No comments:

Post a Comment